Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cabin Fever

I feel like I need to preface this post with the obvious statement:
I really love staying home with George.  He is so much fun to me, and I am not exaggerating when I say that I absolutely treasure my days with him.

Last week was the first week back to Mother's Day Out since 2 weeks before Christmas.  I knew George would have so much fun at school, and I was (selfishly) excited for a little bit of time by myself.  Almost on cue, George came down with RSV (respiratory virus) after Day 1 of school.  We've never experienced a viral infection before, but those bugs don't come and go like a bacterial infection.  They like to stick around for a while, and get real cozy.  

Since the week after George was born, I can honestly say I have not spent an entire day within the confines of our house.  Last week, I realized why- it's because it makes me crazy.  I need human interaction and fresh air.  Coincidentally, the Northwest's wet season must have also migrated this way, as it has been raining for the last 10 days (maybe it hasn't been that long- but truly, I lost all sense of time last week).  All of these situations piled together gave me a bad case of cabin fever.  I'm pretty sure George was feeling the same way, but he was so tired that he stopped caring.  I am so thankful that Clay took care of us- and even planned a fun date night for Friday night.  I cannot express how much that was needed.  

George was such a trooper, though.  He is a good sport about doing his inhaler.  He became an expert sleeper, which is pretty much the only thing that will help him get better.  Best of all, he is now the best snuggler ever.  I was talking with a friend about how much sickness has come in and out of our house since we brought George home from the hospital almost a year and a half ago.  I can't remember ever taking a sick day from work before having George.  It was easy to avoid being sick before kids: if someone was sick, I just stayed away from said person.  Now, not only can I not stay away from this sick person, but I'm wiping his nose, covering his cough, changing his diapers, and snuggling with him in between all of this.  My only hope now is God's protection and the 2,000mg of Vitamin C and echinacea I take daily.  Fingers crossed!


I know there are a few people who check this blog just for pictures, so this one's for you!


Somehow a balloon from Publix always brightened his day.
Here's to a healthier week for us and y'all throughout this sick season!


No comments:

Post a Comment