Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Happy 30th Birthday, Clay!

On October 8, Clay turned thirty years old.  As I've stated over and over, I love to throw a party.  I asked Clay what he wanted to do for his thirtieth birthday, and he chose a getaway for just the two of us!  It just about made my heart explode to be able to get out of town by ourselves, and on top of all that excitement, we had the most generous offer to stay in a house in Seaside, Florida for free.  

Y'all, words could not express the joy this weekend brought the two of us.

Going into the weekend, there were forecasts for a tropical storm/depression/hurricane to come straight for the Santa Rosa Beach area (exactly where we were).  We kept going back and forth as to whether or not we should make the drive in case it came.  We were so excited for a rainy, lazy Saturday.  Then we woke up Saturday morning for weather just as beautiful as the day before.  It was such a perfect weekend at the beach.
  

Here's the house we stayed in- we could have lived just on the screened porch.

 But the inside was pretty beautiful too!

 Take me away.

 We even got to steal some time with one of our favorite people!  Brynn happened to be down in the area for a family vacation, and it was so great to get to see her.

 Saturday we went to the outlets.  Clay loves a good shopping experience.

 We made it back to the beach with over half the day left to spend on the beach.
This is Clay in the ocean.

 It's amazing what you can do when you aren't working around nap schedules.
We ate lunch at the food trucks at 2:30pm.  
I know that might not sound strange to the average person, but this was so bizarre to us to be out and about in the peak of nap time.  

 Our view walking up to the beach.

We celebrated Clay's birthday with dinner at La Cocina and dessert at George's!

Oh, Clay.  I wish I could articulate what you mean to me.  Being married to you is just so fun.  Even when our life is hard, the Lord gives me joy through you.  I love seeing your tenderness and kindest heart in our son.  I want to have your open heart towards others, because you love people- even the most difficult people (me)- as Christ loves us.  Never in a million years would I have thought our life would have taken the turns of recent days, but the Lord is using you to lead us through the valley.  I am so thankful that I've been able to be a part of the past fifteen years of your life (!!), and am even more thankful to walk through the rest of this life by your side.  

I could go through all of your incredibly deep qualities- your patience, humility, reverence and respect, for years and not scratch the surface of how those qualities serve our little family.  But I hope George and I made you feel as special and celebrated on your birthday, as you make us feel every single day of the year.

We love you!
Happiest 30th birthday, Clay!

No comments:

Post a Comment