Thursday, February 20, 2014

Snow Day (again...)

Oh my goodness.  What in the world is going on in the Southeast this year?!  I can hardly remember a year [anywhere I've lived] where school has been cancelled so many days for snow.  But this time, the snow finally came after two CLOUDY days (school was cancelled on these days for the threat of wintry weather).  

We had just put George to bed when we looked outside to see a blanket of snow that had not been there an hour before.  It was beautiful!  We went outside to find our neighbors, The Maddox's, in our yard.  Everyone was going to be home the next day, so we decided that we'd all meet up in the morning.

To say that George was excited about the snow, would be the understatement of the year.  I think maybe it's because of the movie, Frozen, but he asks me every morning now if it is snowing outside.  It sort of breaks my heart to tell him that today, it's seventy degrees outside.


**we are, definitely, getting him some gloves soon.

 As soon as we went outside, Grady came over with half of our breakfast!  We had a big pancake breakfast with the Maddox's after the boys got some energy out in the snow first.

 Oh these boys.  I love everyone's friendships in this picture.

 Max and Harper.  Best friends.  Arch-nemises, too.

 John Grady's ski goggles were enough to make me burn up an entire SD card with all of the pictures I took of him.

 This is ALL these boys wanted to do. (Well...George really wanted to build a snowman.)  One of the dads would drag them up the hill...

 ...and push them down in this nifty sled!

 It.  Was.  Awesome.

 Then it was George's turn.
**we're also getting George a hat.  
I do feel terrible that he had to wear my girly hat from Target.

 Double Sledding!

We finally built a snowman in the Maddox's yard- 
and I'd say this guy was worth the wait.
I mean- he's taller than Clay!

The snow really is so much fun now that George enjoys playing in it.  But, if truth be told, I am ready for spring.  I need sunshine in my life in a major way.  I need picnics, playground time, and the ability to sit on our porch during George's nap without a chill in the air.  I need Easter, and knee socks for George, and our azalea bush in our backyard to bloom.  Spring is just my favorite time of year, and after this doozy of a winter, I feel like it's going to be even sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment