Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Family Time

November is right in the thick of birthday season, which means lots of great family time.  One of the greatest parts about living in Birmingham is that we are a stone's throw from family.  Both Clay and I grew up around our grandparents and cousins in the same city, and I am so excited that George will get to have the same experiences getting to see his family all the time.

One of George's favorite things to do is bounce.  And I have to admit that my out-of-shape arms can only bounce him so much.  Inevitably, when I stop bouncing him, he starts to fuss get the most pitiful face and whimper until it just melts your heart.  So I bounce him again until I can no longer feel my biceps.  The cycle goes round and round.
Then Clay remembered that we have this doorway bouncer.  We know George is too small for it, but Harper was careful to monitor George in the bouncer.    I didn't post all of the pictures, but basically, George could have hung out in that bouncy thing for a long time, and Harper loved having him on eye-level.



Pops returned from his camping trip with presents for his grandsons!  Much to Clay's dismay, Chase got a coonskin cap, which he looked so cute in.  George got some moccasins that I am sure he will be wearing as much as possible as his feet grow so fast!  Baby Hank is coming any day now, and we could not be more excited for George's new cousin to arrive!  Pops brought Hank a raccoon puppet that I know he will love playing with over the coming years.  Thanks for thinking of us Pops!



 Clay tried to steal Chase's coonskin cap...it doesn't quite fit George yet.

 Chase was super excited to see the cake...he almost jumped up out of his highchair!

 Just love this face...

Here is one thing that I'm just not sure I'll ever be able to wrap my mind around.  Clay saw a snake in the bushes, and then all of the boys were determined to get the snake out of the bushes.  Why does the snake need to come out of the bushes?  There was a lot of excitement when Clay's hand came out of the bushes with the snake, and everyone needed a picture with the snake.
While I love a good nature moment, this picture just makes me cringe.  I have learned that there is never a dull moment when boys are around...and I could not be more excited about the coming years.

On Sunday, the Lees and the Howells went to Red Mountain Church to be there for William's baptism.  My cousin Anna has three precious babies, and William is her youngest.  This picture makes me so excited for Christmas with SIX kids under 18 months.

On Monday, my cousin, Mary Alice, came by with her little boy Jack.  Both the boys were asleep most of the visit, and this was the one picture with both of their eyes open.  I am so excited to watch these boys grow up over the years, and based on the way they played, I'm thinking they may be joined at the hip when they get together.  

I literally cannot believe that Thanksgiving is next week.  I am chomping at the bit for holiday season to kick off and know it is going to be such sweet time with Clay and George!  

No comments:

Post a Comment