Sunday, December 11, 2011

Too. Much. Fun.

It is 4:16pm on Sunday afternoon and Clay and I are already in our pajamas.  We have just had too much fun this weekend, and it has worn us out.

The weekend started for George and me with a visit to Bass Pro Shop to see Santa with our neighbors, Claire and John Grady.  


Clay and I will still take George to see Santa sometime soon, but we thought we'd do a trial-run at Bass Pro Shop since it's FREE.  It sure is hard to find anything that's free these days, especially a picture of your precious child with Santa.  
(You may need a magnifying glass to find George. Does it remind you of Where's Waldo?)

Friday night, we got to keep our nephew, Rogers.  He was so much fun!  He's always so fascinated in whatever George is doing, which is sort of ironic, since George doesn't do too much, and Rogers is all over the place.  It was time for George's bath, and Rogers needed to go in to supervise.


Then Harper decided that her help was probably needed too.


Then Rogers decided that he was going to need a bath.


We had SO much fun with him, and hope we can keep him again soon!

Bright and early Saturday morning, we packed up the car and headed to Nashville.  Clay had not been back to visit Nashville since we moved to Birmingham in 2009.  It was so great to see our friends there, and George needed to meet everyone!  
We drove straight to Jen's house, where I lived until Clay and I got married.  


We met some friends for lunch, and then walked around Green Hills and Hillsboro Village.  Saturday night we went to dinner and then called it a night soon after.


George slept all night (thanks buddy!), and we packed up our gear (I still cannot believe how much one tiny person needs), and drove around to our favorite places and took some pictures.  I never did that when I lived there, and I wish I had more pictures of the places I've lived.


We took the scenic route to Franklin, and had lunch at our most favorite place in Nashville.  Puckett's Grocery was where we went on our first real date when Clay came to Nashville from San Antonio. They have live music and incredible food at dinner, and a fun atmosphere and great brunch and lunch during the day.  It brought back so many great memories.



By the end of lunch, George was ready to head home.  He slept the whole way back to Birmingham, but I think he had a good time.  Now, we're about to settle in to watch Polar Express.  
I love this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment