Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break: Part 1

I have been back to work for two weeks now.  It has been a wild two weeks around here, so I am super excited that we are on Spring Break this week!  After Clay and I finally got over the stomach bug, we seemed to wake up and it was Friday.  We went to Atlanta on Saturday to see Billy Elliot at the Fox Theatre, and spent the night in Buckhead.  The play was great, and it was fun to get away just the two of us.
 Clay and I got in town just in time to grab lunch before the show.

 Outside the Fox Theatre

 We were so glad we got to spend some time with Martha and Ron before dinner!

Such a fun dinner in Virginia Highlands!

Since we didn't have our alarm clock with us (George) we slept in late on Sunday morning.  We got to meet up with my friend from college, Wyatt, and his wife, Erin, for brunch before heading back home.  It was such a fun weekend for the two of us, and to get to see such dear friends.

Mama Zo and Pops were so sweet to keep George while we were out of town.  I'm not sure who had more fun between George and his awesome grandparents!

Thank you, Mama Zo and Pops for taking such great care of George!

We went out to dinner last night, and George is officially in a high chair now.  I know this isn't a big deal, but he looks so cute sitting with us at the table, and everyone is much happier for it.  These were taken with my phone, but I thought they were pretty cute.

 He also became obsessed with Clay's straw.  Don't worry- it was only water.  

Wouldn't you want this sweet face at your dinner table?!

Lastly...I am getting so excited for The Hunger Games movie to come out this weekend.  I know I am late on this bandwagon, but I read the first book in the last few days of my maternity leave.  I'm hoping to finish the second book over Spring Break.  I should have plenty of time to read with a 6 month-old at the beach, right?


Happy Monday, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. George is such a cutie!! Such a big boy sitting in the high chair, that's awesome! I can't wait to get Jack and George together again!

    ReplyDelete