Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dear Clay,

Dear Clay,
I know everyone truly believes that their husband is the best dad in the world.  And there are a lot of great dads out there, who are all being celebrated this weekend.  Both of our dads would top that list, for sure.  But everyday, when you whisk George into the back of the house while I cook dinner and I hear you talk to him and, in return, he belly laughs until he gets the hiccups, I know that you are the best dad around.

The other night I was singing George to sleep, and I am singing these songs from camp, it takes me back to the days when we were 17 years old, and just starting to date.  And now we've been married for almost four years, and I am rocking our baby to sleep.  When did we grow up?!  What a sweet, sweet life we have made for ourselves.  




One of my favorite things I've ever heard said about you, mainly because it is so true, was penned for you inside a book.
"Daddy is one of my favorite words.  You wear it well."

Clay, the way you father George is a direct blessing to me.
Thank you for the way you cover our family in prayer and love each and every day.
Happy Father's Day!

Love, Julie and George

1 comment: