Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Last Two Weeks.

I just realized that I haven't looked at our blog in the last two weeks.
I feel like Clay's birthday was yesterday, and somehow, we're almost to November!
I even thought about doing a blog post about my deeper thoughts on life.  Then I got distracted and forgot all about it.  So for today, here are the pictures I've captured over the past two weeks.
I feel like that's more fun anyways, right?!

We celebrated Clay's birthday with the Cochran's with a trip to the Springville Pumpkin Patch.
Brace yourself for the cuteness that follows.






We went to Boo at the Zoo with Saty, Aunt Erie and Rogers.
I'll be totally honest, and share my opinion that it was way over-rated, and a little nauseating.
The carousel went backwards, had a strobe light and a black light.
Lesson learned for next year.



Then it was picture day for George at Mother's Day Out.  When I went to pick him up, they had a little present for me, and even though I know that George had just about no hand in making it, I'll probably keep it out year-round.  Clay has a hard time with my inability to part with gifts from old students- no matter how ugly the gift is.  I can't imagine what our house will look like in a few years if I never part with George's crafts.




Then we realized that Halloween was getting close, and Clay wanted to do a trial run of George's costume.  Clay really wanted him to be a Lumberjack.  We've decided that he's a 'Cochran version' of a lumberjack, meaning that he will have no beard, and no hat.  
Plus most lumberjacks wear tan keds, right?


Right around George's birthday, he seemed really excited to try walking.  Now he's pretty much giving up altogether on walking, but I know he will one day.  In the meantime, my arms grow stronger and stronger everyday carrying around a 22+ pound kiddo.
 Walking...
 Walking...
Total digression.
But we are okay with it.

Yesterday we took some family pics at my parents' house for Christmas cards.
I know a lot of people don't share my love for coordinating smocked outfits, but I can't get enough of it.



Lastly, Harper is very hot and cold with George.  Sometimes she loves playing with him, other times she could move to California and not be far enough away from George.
So the other day I heard a squeal of excitement from George, and here's how I found them.
I can't tell who looks more guilty, but I love this picture.

We are going on a little family vacation and I could not be more excited to get away with my two favorite people!

No comments:

Post a Comment