Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pitiful




There are few things that break my heart more than a sick child's face.  It reaches a new level of pitiful that cannot be reached in any other state.  On Thursday, Saty took George to ride the carousel at the mall and then back to her house to make gingerbread houses.  Usually I get pictures of George getting into mischief, or smiling ear-to-ear, so I was really excited to see pictures of this super-fun-Saty-day.  Here's what I got:



After a diagnosis of pink eye and a double ear infection, George made a speedy recovery with a little bit of medicine, and watching The Polar Express.  He is truly captivated by this movie, and it's pretty cute to watch him love it the way Clay and I do.


In the midst of this, we did get to take George to see Santa.  Based on his last visit with Santa, we were prepared for the worst.  Call it a Christmas Miracle, but George was really excited when he got to sit in Santa's lap!  


It's hard to wrap my brain around the fact that Christmas is less than a week away.  In light of everything that has happened over the last week in our country, I am reminded how broken our world is, and am sure that we need Jesus' birth in a new way this year.  Our church is studying the hymns of Christmas, and these words made me well up with tears with the promise from our Savior:

O come, Desire of nations, bind all people in one heart and mind;
Bid envy, strife and quarrels cease and be Thyself our King of Peace.

Rejoice!  Rejoice!
Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment