Thursday, March 14, 2013

Recent Shenanigans

I guess when I last left off, we were in the thick of doing a whole lot of this:



George had a fever virus, that led to a GI infection, that led to a double ear infection, that lasted for 8 days.  Never have I ever seen this baby so pitiful.  We did a LOT of cuddling.  Then we did a LOT of cleaning to make sure no one else caught any part of this awfulness.

We knew he was feeling better when we found him Swiffering the back of our house.
This was totally unsolicited, but very much appreciated :)

Still, we played it safe and had a lot of fun just the three of us.
Here, George is making an external hard drive into a phone.  
In case you're wondering, the only two calls he makes are to 'Daddy', and 'Woody'.

Clay was the most excited he was feeling better, and wanted to take him to get some 'Glad you're feeling better' ice cream.  George wasn't too excited about the fact that he had to share, but it was a breath of fresh air (literally) to get out of the house and be around other human beings besides the doctor.

Then George started eating real food again.  With a fork!  
Not sure where he learned this, but he absolutely loves getting to use his fork.
Here is George devouring grilled chicken, and roasted zucchini, asparagus and potatoes.  I know he did not get his diverse palate from me, as I'm almost positive I didn't start eating veggies until college.
But I'll take it!


Then he got to celebrate Mardi Gras with Saty and Pop!

Finally, it was the moment we had all been waiting for: PLAY DATES!
George had really been missing just getting to play with kids.  There's only a certain level of fun I am able to bring to the table with George, because he lights up in a whole new way around other kids.  90% of our friends have girls George's age, so he has lots of co-ed play dates.  So far, he seems okay with that.

 We got to meet our newest neighbor, Olivia Maddox!  Here, Clay is reading a story to George, John Grady and Olivia.  Claire, Grady, and I were just watching him multi-task oh-so-well.

 George and Lucy!  I'm telling you- George loves the ladies.

All-in-all, George is pretty happy with the way life is going these days.

We even got to go out for pancakes- George's favorite!

...and play in arcades!  George had a complete come-apart when we had to leave the arcade at New York Pizza.  There were some bigger kids who actually had quarters to put in the machine, so we felt like they needed a turn.  George was totally content to just play the promo-video that plays while it's waiting for a new person.  

Once we finished painting George's new (future) room, we were able to put the bunk beds together this past weekend.  George is obsessed!  He won't be moving in there for a while, but I think he is really excited about his new room.  
 If I still had a desk at work, this picture would be framed and on it for sure.


Playtime on the bunk beds.

Whew!  I am glad we are on the cusp of Spring, because I don't know if I could take much more of the wet, tepid winter we've had this year.  Next week we find out if baby #2 is a boy or girl- and we are so excited either way!  The more I look at those bunk beds, the more I would love a little brother for George.  Clay keeps reminding me that it's just a 50/50 chance every single time, and we are just praying for a healthy baby!

Here's to a healthy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment