Thursday, September 19, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday, George!

My sweetest George!  I really love birthdays.  I've specifically loved my birthday for the majority of my life.  I think my mom always made such a big celebration out of each and every birthday I've ever had, even now that I'm thirty years old.  The anticipation of turning a year older, and the party and gifts and everything else that goes along with birthdays- always makes it such a special day.  

But now I have you.  And I think back to two years ago, when your dad and I became parents because the Lord gave us you.  I feel like anything less than declaring a national holiday to celebrate your birthday seems insufficient.  I know that sounds silly, but I fully recognize what a blessing- in the truest sense of the word- you are to us.  You bless us with your laughter, joy, and love.  You bless me with your snuggles, and how much you love for me to sing "Jesus songs" to you.  You bless your dad when you flip out with excitement when you hear him come in the door at the end of the day.  You bless the people you meet with your sweet spirit and tenderness.  

I say all of this, because I hope you know how much your dad and I celebrate your little life, and who you are to us.  I am thankful that each and every year, we will get to celebrate you for an entire day.  We have so much to celebrate in you, George, and we treasure who the Lord is making you to be.

Your dad and I have racked our brains thinking of ways to make your birthday so special.  I mean, your day-to-day life is pretty fun, so it's actually hard to think of things we can do that would be out of the norm.  You've told us that you want a 'piggy bank' with 'coins' in it for your birthday, so we went to make that together at DIY Crafts, and you can start your own little savings (Pop would be so proud!), and we just had a little family day together.  We ended the day with family dinner, cupcakes (thanks Mama Zo!) and presents. 

George chose the car piggy bank.  Naturally.



 How are you two years old?!

 Really practicing how to blow out candles.

 Presents from Mom and Dad!


...and now for a trip down memory lane.

One year ago, today.

Halloween 2012

First steps

This picture is possibly my all-time favorite.

Easter 2013

Bunk Beds!

This could be my second favorite picture.

Fourth of July 2013

I love how much you love 'jobs'.

George, there is so much I wish I could share with you about our little family right now, and so much I'm glad you don't understand just yet.  What I do know, is that the Lord created you, and gave you to your dad and me for the most specific purpose.  You are our treasure, and we take such joy in being your parents.  I pray that you continue to follow your dad as closely as you do now, because he will lead you, and protect you.  As I look back over how far we've come in just two years, I am excited about the years to come.  We love you so, so much, George.

Happy 2nd Birthday, George!
Love, Mom and Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment