Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Last Days of Summer

Maybe it's because George has become so verbal lately, but he wants to do more and more around the house.  He has his first 'chore' (I'm not sure it can be considered a chore if you actually want to do it, and love every second of it).  Anyways, his first 'chore' is feeding Harper.  The whole time he's carrying the cup of food over to her bowl he's repeating over and over, "I be careful Mommy!  I be careful, Mommy!"  Maybe I need to loosen up a little?

The other night he spent the night with Mama Zo and Pops, and Clay and I were about to go to sleep when we remembered that no one fed Harper dinner.  Things really fall apart without George here to keep us in line.
 This is the only picture we have of him feeding Harper :)

 Our church helps with a community garden in Fairfield.  Clay, George and I went to work out there a few Saturdays ago and we had the best time!  George took his jobs a little too seriously with the lawn mower and his wheelbarrow.

 No funny business for this kid.

 About to go back for another load.

 After running several loads of mulch in his teeny tiny wheelbarrow, I broke out the juice boxes and snacks.  It was like seagulls to a loaf of bread...the kids swarmed my cooler as soon as I unzipped it.  They were (verbally) disappointed in my snack choices so most of them walked away.  These two stuck it out with the juice box and fruit snacks.

 I think we've solved the mystery of where George gets his sweating problem from :)

 This is our friend, Hazel.  
And her pet guinea pig, Ostrich.

 This is the water slide at Hazel's fourth birthday party.

 This is where George wanted to spend all of his time during this birthday party.
No, we are NOT getting a guinea pig.

 This picture just cracks me up.
This lady was chatting up every person who walked past her...except George.
George is fascinated by other people, and I'm pretty sure he wanted to get the town gossip.

 So we finally got to go to a Barons game courtesy of my dear friend, Laurie!  She even had VIP passes for us so we sat in a box.  It was definitely worth the wait- and we can't wait to take George sometime soon.

 Last pool day of the year.  
We spent a LOT of time at the pool this summer.  George absolutely loves swimming, and he even worked up to going off the diving board at Shoal Creek this summer.  He swims all over the place (with floaties), and I love spending my days with him at the pool.

 George (and his dad) are suckers for a good popsicle!

So, the summer is officially over.  Parts of me are sad to see the summer end because I loved spending all day, everyday with George.  We had some really sweet times together with no schedule to inhibit what we wanted to do.  But there's also a part of me that is glad for this season to come to a close.  I'm excited for fall to come, and for the literal- and figurative- change of a season.  We have so much to look forward to this fall- George turns 2 in a few weeks, Clay turns thirty in October, and we're going to New York just before Christmas.  We have so much to celebrate in the months to come, and I am thankful for all of it.  After such hard months, I know it's going to feel really great to celebrate birthdays and holidays with people we love.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance..."
Ecclesiastes 3: 1 and 4

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha. You just might get a guinea pig. You never know what else Georgie might get for his 2nd bday from Auntie Elise :) love the ending to this post. Seasons are changing and time is moving forward and you are a beautiful example of walking from season to season in the faithfulness and grace of our perfect Lord

    ReplyDelete