Sunday, July 20, 2014

Summertime

I've started this post [in my mind at least...] about ten times, then I find myself consumed with something else other than actually starting it.  If you're not into pictures...then feel free to skip this post completely!


Summertime started off with a bang around here!  For about two weeks straight, George and I had a picnic lunch in our front yard.  I know I'll always treasure those sweet times with my bud.

The very first weekend in June we headed down to the beach for the 30+ annual Cordell-Howell Beach Fest!

I *think* these are all the kiddos.

This boy loves the beach.

The Sunday we got home from the beach, we went out to Camp Winnataska (where Clay and I met over 15 years ago :).  They put in a new cross in the outdoor church, and were dedicating the cross to Clay's grandfather.  

Before the service the boys got to have so much fun cruising around camp!

You can see the new cross if you look hard enough!

Here's the three of us down in the gorge- this picture just floods my heart with memories.  Clay and I met here as awkward teenagers, and now we're married and have a little boy to make memories of his own.  I remember dating Clay for years and every summer we got to spend together out there.  I remember taking our engagement pictures out at camp.  That place will always hold a special part of my heart, but I'm most thankful for the people that place gave me.

Moving right along...a big part of our summer has been spent at the pool, obviously!

Saty introduced these kids to the slushee.  I'd say they were both big fans!

We went to the creek with friends.

We went to the zoo with our cousins!

We went back to the creek with Dad and Harper.

George and Dad have gone fishing.

George learning to hold the reel.

My biggest mistake was getting Harper the worst haircut of her life.  
I really do feel terrible.  Every summer, we get her a 'puppy cut' just so she doesn't shed all over the house and to keep her cooler in the summer.  But this was a down right shave down.
I hope she forgives me one day.

We went to the zoo with Dad!  

And have eaten a LOT of ice cream.

...and popsicles too!

 We celebrated July 4th with both of our families!

 Then July 18th came, and we knew our neighbors, The Maddox Family, had to move.  Goodness gracious, that was a sad day.  George actually just walked inside at one point, and he told Clay, "I'm just sad, Daddy.  I want to stay inside."  I know they'll be back in a year, but we wont live across the street from them.  And that just makes me sad.

 In other news- we sold our house!  This time....we are ACTUALLY moving.  We closed on our house this past Tuesday, and closed on the house we bought in the same day.  We are moving August 1 into our new house in Coventry, and the three of us could not be more excited about it.  

 ...I'm sure you can imagine what a huge help George is in the packing arena.

This weekend we potty trained George.  I have to publicly apologize for ever rolling my eyes at anyone posting on social media daily updates on their potty training adventures with their toddler.  The first time George used the potty, I seriously felt like we needed to send out an email announcement to every person we know- because it felt like that huge of an accomplishment.  

We've been home, literally, all weekend- and George filled up his prize chart pretty quickly!

 I'm not sure we've ever given him anything that has made him as happy as this Jake ship.  He cries at night when he has to leave it, and it's the first thing he asks for when he wakes up.  
He's been a champ this weekend!

This summer has just slipped right through my fingers- I cannot believe August will be here in less than two weeks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment