Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

2011 was one of the best years yet in the Cochran house.  I thought I'd do a little 'year in review' as we get 2012 underway.

January
This time last year, we were ringing in the new year with our dear friends, Claire and Grady.  Just 16 days later we would find out that we were expecting a baby!  What a difference a year makes.

February
We hibernated in the month of February.  Clay was in the thick of his last month of grad school, and I was in a math team haze.  You read that right- math team.  There was a good bit of morning any-time-of-day sickness, and a lot of math team tournaments.  But before we knew it...spring had sprung.

March
We had a girls' weekend in Seaside with the Lee's for Spring Break.  Seaside is truly one of my most favorite places, and I love being able to go a few times a year.  This year my cousins, Anna and Mary Alice were both pregnant, along with me.  So what did three pregnant ladies do at the beach?  Ate a LOT of gelato.



Our family does the annual Rumpshaker 5K in honor of my sweet aunt, Marianne.  Marianne does so much for our family, so it is special to get to honor her.

April
April was a busy month.  We started with a visit to Rome, Georgia where Clay went to school .  I love getting to go to Rome, and I also truly love Clay's friends from college.  We got to celebrate his friends, Bryce and Anna, as they were getting ready to be married!

We also celebrated our nephew, Chase's, first birthday!  We love him so much- and it was such a fun birthday party.


At the end of April, we had a tornado come through our neighborhood.  Thankfully, there were no injuries around us, but the damage was, and still is, extensive.  Our house was spared, but our neighborhood has not looked the same since then.

May
Just after Mother's Day, my sweet grandmother, Mimi, passed away.  She had fought through so much, and she was ready to be with her husband, Jack.  We just celebrated our first Christmas without her, and she was missed by everyone.  I know she had a much better view of the craziness that went on this year than she has in the past few years, so I'm sure she enjoyed it!
  
May was a big month for Clay.  He finished his Master's Degree in Environmental Management from Samford.  I was so proud of him- because it was so much work, and took a lot of sacrifice on his part.


We celebrated our nephew, Rogers' , first birthday.  As I look back at these pictures- I can't believe how much he's changed!  He keeps me in stitches, and Clay and I love him so much.


At the end of May, we went to Charleston for a visit with my college friends.  I miss my friends from college so much, and wish we got to see everyone much, much more.


June
We celebrated our third anniversary with dinner at Highlands.  Every year with Clay just gets better and better.



July
We planned an anniversary/last-trip-before-George getaway to Blackberry Farm.  It was my most favorite vacation we've been on together.  Clay taught me to fly fish, and we ate more calories than I'd ever care to count.  It was such a special time together, and I hope we can go back one day.





August
August can be summed up in one word...HOT.  As mentioned to me by several people (even strangers in the gym...or Edgar's) I became one large pregnant lady.  


We also went to my 10-year High School Reunion.


September
September became a waiting game for George's arrival.  We were so excited when he decided to come!

We didn't really do much else other than try to figure out how to become parents.  I'm not sure much has changed even now, but we are loving every second of it.

October
We took George to pick out his first pumpkin at Murphree's in Cahaba Heights. 


November
We found out that George is going to have another cousin coming in July!


December
I've already posted about Christmas, so now I'll tell you something frivolous we've done with our time.  We have gotten slightly totally sucked into Lost.  I am so thankful (mainly for Clay's sake) that we are just now finding it, and all of the episodes are already out.  I can't imagine waiting week-to-week for a new episode.  Clay will probably be embarrassed that I'm admitting this on the blog, but admitting you have a problem is part of the process, right?



Happy New Year!  I hope 2012 is off to a great start for you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm HONORED, duh!!!!!!!

    PS - Baby George told me he wants to come visit Charleston, k?

    ReplyDelete