Tuesday, January 31, 2012

George's Baptism

Clay and I are so blessed to be so connected to our church.  This past Sunday, George was baptized during the service, and we were surrounded by our families and friends.  Our pastor, Murray, always does such a great job of explaining why we do things, and we were overwhelmed with thankfulness that our families (on both sides) are full of believers who are going to help us raise George to love the Lord.  It was a special day, with the most special people.

I just love this picture.

After church, our families and a few friends came over for a lunch at our house.  It meant so much to Clay and me to have everyone there.







 Now, before you pass judgement that our son is wearing a dress (Mandy), let me tell the story behind it.  My grandmother, Mamick, made this gown when my mom was being Christened.  I wore it when I was a baby, and now Rogers and George have worn it.  It is 62 years old, and I love the history behind it.  Don't worry...no more gowns, dresses, etc. for George!


All-in-all, Sunday was a day that I will treasure for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment