Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Day Everything Fell Apart...

...there is a happy ending to this story, so hang on until the end!

Here's a little re-cap of today in the Cochran Family:

Clay and I got up and started getting ready.
George woke up, and wanted a little bottle.
Clay gets George dressed and his bag for daycare packed for the day, and heads to work.

I pack up my car and drive George to daycare, only to find out that he is sick, and can't stay at daycare.
I drive straight to my mom's house, not really sure what I'm hoping to accomplish there, but find my mom still asleep, and wake her up to a hysterical daughter with a sick baby.

Saty was so gracious to take George, hug on me, and help me calm down for the day.

I get back in my car, and stopped cruised through a stop sign, and saw this in my rearview mirror:


Here's what the officer found in the car:

I'm pretty sure he was a little scared by my current state, so he helped me calm down, and head to work at 7:57am.

I make it to work and a sweet co-worker had this waiting for me:

...which of course, for some reason, made me cry more.

So the start to my morning was, what I consider to be, pretty rough.  

We had state testing today, so I had about 2 hours of total silence to consider my day.  I felt like the Lord was showing me all the ways He has provided for me in such incredible ways:

* My mom was home and was able to take care of George for a while.

* Clay was able to leave work and work from home- and was excited to do it.  I realize what a blessing it is that Clay is the very definition of a 'family man', in that his family will always be his first priority and his greatest earthly love.  This is a huge blessing to me.

*It was a late start day for school, so even though I was 'late', I wasn't actually late.

I got to come home to this:



Great is the faithfulness of our God.  I see these pictures, and I am overcome by how He has provided for our family abundantly.

I have found some humor in my day, and hope my day makes you feel better about yours.

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. You are SOOOOOO loved by so many people--me included!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you are in the Mom of the Year club. Welcome! We have weekly meetings to discuss such disasters. Did I mention my two year old daughter squatted and peed her pants in the back of my van this morning? Our motto is "this too shall pass".

    ReplyDelete