Sunday, April 8, 2012

Valentine's Day & The Easter Bunny

For Valentine's Day, Clay and George started to build us some end tables for our porch.  After a lot of work, they were finished last weekend.  I was totally blown away by how great they turned out!  Now we have a place for you to set down your plate or drink while you're sitting on our porch- so come on over!




Last Sunday at church, our pastor read parts of the book The Runaway Bunny.  I thought it was such a sweet story of a parent's love for a child, but even more so, of the love of our Savior for me.  I was almost beside myself when the Easter Bunny dropped a copy of this book by our house for me!  
Thanks Clay!

(quote below taken from the first few pages of The Runaway Bunny)
"Once there was a little bunny who wanted to run away.  So he said to his mother, "I am running away."  
"If you run away," said his mother, "I will run after you.  For you are my little bunny."
"If you run after me," said the little bunny, "I will become a fish in a trout stream and I will swim away from you."
"If you become a fish in a trout stream," said his mother, "I will become a fisherman and I will fish for you." 
 
What a picture of the Gospel that we celebrate today!  Our God did become a Fisherman and fish for us through Jesus, and we celebrate His resurrection today.

 I am so excited to read this book to George over and over throughout the coming years.  
"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."
Luke 19:10


I'll do an Easter-Family-Fun-Time re-cap soon, but wanted to share this first.

Happy Easter!

 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment