Thursday, May 24, 2012

13 Going On 30

 That is how I felt this weekend.

Friday night was a HUGE night in the Vestavia community-
it was the Eighth Grade Dance at Pizitz Middle School, and Clay and I were chaperones.

Here's a little fun fact for non-family readers:
Clay and I went to prom together.


Friday night, we got to go to the 8th Grade Dance at Pizitz Middle School.
We saw a lot of this:
(**Note: Those two people do not attend Pizitz Middle School.  They were the first picture in Google Images under 'awkward middle school dance')

 Clay even took a picture with me like all of the other kids.
** I'd really like to know how the bench was supposed to help the middle schoolers be less awkward.
As two married people, I'd say this is the most awkward picture we've ever taken.


We woke up bright and early Saturday morning to head to Knoxville for a wedding of one of my first friends in Nashville!  The wedding was so beautiful, and it was one of the most fun reunions of all of our friends.



I cannot express how great it was for us to get to see all of these friends!
Clay and I stayed out until MIDNIGHT (that's really REALLY late for us) because we lost track of time getting to catch up with everyone.  It was such a fun night!

Sunday morning we got on the road super early so we could see Drew graduate from UAB Medical School.  It's hard to believe that four years have already come and gone since he started, but what an accomplishment!  Congratulations, Drew!


After a weekend full of activity, we were so excited to pick up George and have a little family time at home.

Tomorrow is my last day of work at Pizitz.  I am filled with so many mixed emotions, but I am excited for this new phase of life.  The people I work with are truly my friends- and oftentimes feel like family- and I know I will miss seeing them everyday.

But I also know that we have some sweet times ahead of us, as a family.

Happy Summer, y'all!




No comments:

Post a Comment