Sunday, May 13, 2012

Celebrations!

Happy Mother's Day!

George did not want to waste one minute of Mother's Day asleep, so we were up bright and early this morning.  Mr. Mike reminded me that George is just thoughtful that way.

We started the day with church at First Baptist Trussville with all of the Cochrans, and then headed to lunch with everyone.  We all ended up at the Cochran's house in Springville where we celebrated Mother's Day, Katie's birthday, and the closing ceremonies of our March Madness Bracket Challenge.  

 Quick picture before church.

Once we got to Mama Zo and Pops' house, there's always cousin playtime.




 Can you tell we're related?!?


 I guess you're never too old to wrestle around.  It's good to know that in 30 years Chase, Hank and George will all still be wrestling with each other!



Happy Birthday, Aunt Katie!

Closing Ceremonies for the Bracket Challenge
 Three-Way tie between Hank, Chase and Clay for 
First Place of the Sweet Sixteen Pick 'Em

 Runner-Up for the Big Dance Bracket Challenge

George was this year's big winner!

He's shaking hands with the Master of Ceremonies and accepting his prize of a tree swing and some blocks.  

All-in-all, it was such a great day.  I have felt so loved and cherished today, and am so thankful that I get to be George's mom and Clay's wife.

Mother's Day is a day of mixed emotions for so many people.
I am overwhelmingly thankful for you, Saty!
Thank you for the way you loved me through all of those difficult years growing up.
Words cannot express my gratitude for your support and encouragement since George entered our lives.  I truly do not know what we would do without you!

I know Mother's Day can be a hard day for a lot of people, too.
We are praying for a lot of friends and family today, some who are waiting to be mothers, and others who are about to be mothers!

"Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid;
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand."
-from the hymn, 'How Firm a Foundation'

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment