Friday, July 20, 2012

Big Times!

I need to start with the most important event of this week, which would be Frannie's arrival!  My sister-in-law and brother welcomed their daughter on Wednesday, July 18.  I italicize daughter, because we are so excited to have a girl in the mix!

Saty & Pop with their grandkiddos:
George, Rogers, and Frannie!

While we love boys and the energy and excitement they bring, we are so excited you are here, Frannie!
Pop will love putting your hair in pigtails.
Saty will love doing all things that pertain to a little girl (tea parties, lunches, shopping...just to name a few).
I will love going to your dance recitals (fingers crossed!).

But for now, since you're only 2 days old, we will just celebrate you for the teeny little newborn you are.  


In other news, Pops Cochran retired from his job!  We are all so excited for him, and know that he will enjoy this new phase of life.  Pops brought his 'Tractor' over and let George drive it around (or pretend to, at least...)


Sorry for the missing pants in this picture.
We were in half of our jammies because it makes for easier crawling.


Lastly, George turned 10 months yesterday!  We have hit several milestones, all of which are exciting.  To me, selfishly, I am most excited for George's most recent accomplishment.  He sleeps until at least 7am every morning.  For the previous nine months, George was a 6am-er.  I am greatly appreciating the extra hour of sleep.

We have two more teeth on their way in, and these have been some doozies.  But they will definitely help his efforts of eating, which is his favorite part of the day!  Clay and I will have the kitchen cleaned up, have finished our own dinners, and George is still going.  It is definitely showing, as we consistently get the comment, "You can tell he never misses a meal!"from complete strangers.  


Oh my goodness, George!  I absolutely love my days with you.  You have become more careful lately, which has helped with my anxiety levels.  You love playing with any door you can get your hands on, and get even more excited when you can close it.  I love your fascination with new things, new experiences, and new people.  

George, I pray that you will hold tightly to this love and excitement for life, and the people who surround you.  Your dad and I love to watch you get excited, because you can see it in your face, all the way down to your toes.  Thank you for the excitement you bring us, Georgie!  

Happy Ten Months!      


No comments:

Post a Comment