Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Whew.

I know this may come as a surprise to some of you, but sometimes I tend to be a little dramatic.  I blame most of it on Dawson's Creek.  The last three days have been a little tumultuous around here, and the emotions tend to get heightened when Clay is away and not here to keep me in check.  Here's a re-cap of the past week:

Clay is truly the most selfless person.  Some of my girlfriends from Nashville were getting together last Friday night and invited me along, and he took a half-day to work from home and take care of George Friday night and Saturday until I got home.  It is such a blessing to me to get to have some good girl time- even though I treasure my days with George and Clay.  It was the perfect little overnight getaway, and we had a great dinner and such great conversations.  It was awesome.

 Girls at dinner after Meredith left and before Paige got there.

Coffee with Kelli the next morning!

* Fast-forward to Sunday.  George started cutting TWO new teeth at the same time.  One molar and his fifth lower front tooth.  In case you don't know, George has a rough time cutting teeth.  I think having two teeth coming in at the same time just did him in, because he has been super-pitiful this week.  Aside from the 10+ loads of laundry I've had to do and the unmentionable number of diapers I've had to change, George has been the most snuggly he's ever been.  He's been taking 4-6 hours worth of naps during the day, and sleeping until 8-8:15am.  My heart really does break for how terrible he feels, and oh how I wish I could do anything to take this away from him.

Despite how rough he's had it, we've still managed to have fun.
Boxes have become one of George's absolute favorite toys.

 We got to swing at the Maddox's playground for a while.
Bath time is still a sure-fire way to make him happy.

And now for my personal favorite trick of George's...blowing smooches.

I have watched this video at least fifty times, and it never gets old to me.  When I went to get him up for the day today, he just kept blowing kisses over and over.  There have surely been some rough parts over the last 48 hours, and some that, before I had George, I never thought I would live to tell about.  But here I am, one week away from his first birthday, and all that I'll really remember about this week is that he learned how to blow me a kiss.  

No comments:

Post a Comment