Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

I love three day weekends that we don't go anywhere and don't have much to do.  This weekend was just that.

Last weekend we started an herb garden in our side yard.  By 'we', I mean, Clay built the bed, laid the soil, and helped me plant the herbs.

 Herbs before planting.

 Clay- horticulture extraordinaire.

 Finished product!

I let them 'grow' for a whole week before I used some.  I could hardly wait!

 I used a lot of the basil to make some pesto for a pasta salad.

Creamed corn with fresh rosemary.

On Saturday we went out to the Cochran's house and had so much fun with everyone!  George has become pretty interested in stairs, and it is really hard to keep him from climbing up them.  He can get up a flight of stairs pretty quickly, but also assumes coming down the stairs is just as easy.  He had so much fun on these stairs!

 Climbing up...

 He's so proud of himself when he gets to the top!

 Cochran boys in the bath!

 George was getting a little sleepy at this point- but he had so much fun with Chase and Hank!

Mama Zo and Pops with their grandsons.

We had dinner with the Howell's on Labor Day night.  Saty and Pop just finished their little pier on the 'lake' (I call it a big pond) for the boys to fish on one day.  I didn't get to take very many pictures while we were all together, but here are the three I did manage to take!  




Such a great end to a perfect weekend.

Happy Labor Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment