Monday, August 20, 2012

Beach 2012

I almost titled this post 'Romar 2012' because I can't remember a summer when we didn't stay at Romar Place.  Suffice it to say, Capri was a definite upgrade from Romar, and we had the best beach vacation there.

George had the best time!  He definitely had a love-hate relationship with the actual beach, but I think that had more to do with the sun than anything else.  He slept great, and napped even better, which makes for much happier days for everyone involved.

From this point forward, there will be a LOT of pictures with short captions.  Just know if you're not a grandparent, the pictures might get a little boring.  It was hard to narrow down my 250 pictures to the few I'll put on here!


This picture will always crack me up.
#1- the trash bag on the chair.  We did take it off because it was a little overkill.
#2- George's face.
#3- The fact that this picture proves who Saty's favorite grandchild is! (just kidding...)


Ready to go to the beach!

Story time with Saty

 Racing cars on the porch

Fun times in the tunnel!

 Saty and Rogers have a special relationship

George, Rogers and Frannie ready to go to the beach!

 George and Lucy were thick as thieves on this beach trip.  Based on the picture above, I'd say Georgie liked his new friend.

 Playing in the baby pool on the beach.

Best friends.

 Clay got to the beach on Wednesday, and then the fun really started!
'Jump jump' time was usually during 'rest period' (as Clay called it) just before afternoon naps.

 Look at those little legs!

Even George got in on the fun.

 George really loved playing with Clay 

 Papa T- the Ultimate Bocce player

 Saty and Frannie

 Love this picture.

 Best friends forever.


This is the 'hate' side of the love-hate relationship George had with the beach.

This is the 'love' side.

 Mama Shay and Lucy

 Saty and Rogers flying a kite.

 I'm not sure if there is a picture of these two that doesn't melt my heart.



Do you see George's hair BLOWING in the wind?  
I love that kid.

By the end of the week, George had really embraced the sand and ocean.

 Our condo had a double-edged sword: the indoor pool and hot tub combo.
While an indoor pool always provided fun despite the weather, it was also really stuffy and the smell of chlorine just about knocked you over when you walked in.
It was renamed 'the sweaty pool' on Monday.

 We still managed to have fun inside.

 Rogers REALLY loved the hot tub.  Actually, most of the kids really loved it.
No one seemed to mind that it was 90 degrees outside- those kids were getting in the hot tub at some point every day.  I was secretly glad that George was too young for the hot tub.

 We got to have lots of early morning snuggles, and George was the most cuddly on this trip!

 George and Rogers in their chairs.

 Unc and the boys on our last night.  

 While we were packing up, Rogers found 'George's room' (the closet in mine and Clay's room) and was fascinated with the pack & play.

George did everything he could to slow down our packing- he didn't want to leave!

If you're still reading this post- you must be immediately related to us, so I hoped you enjoyed the George pics!  If you're Saty (or if you're Pop and have found your way on the interweb to my blog) thank y'all so much for an unforgettable week at the beach.  I have a newfound respect for all of those years you took me to the beach, played with me all day long, went shopping, took me crabbing, and everything in between.  Thank you for making this trip so special for me, and even more so for George.  I'll make sure he knows he got to sleep in the master bedroom one year (even if it was in the closet).


1 comment:

  1. LOVE all the pictures!! Looks like ya'll had a great time!

    ReplyDelete