Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy Birthday, Scooter and Saty!

Today is my mom's birthday, and it's also my bro bro's birthday.  We are a family that loves to get together to celebrate just about anything, but when it's birthdays, things get turned up a notch or two.  I was in charge of dinner, which took absolutely forever to finish.  Somehow, everyone stayed entertained.  Here is a snippet of the conversation going on in the kitchen:
Clay: "So, did Scott have more crushes on your friends, or did you have more crushes on Scott's friends growing up?"
Me: "Oh that's easy.  Scott definitely had more crushes on my friends.  It's the only reason we became friends in middle school."
Scott: "I mean, past Elizabeth Corona, I didn't have crushes on any of your friends."
And the breakdown went on from there.  Who liked who, who-asked-who to Homecoming.  Scott loves reliving the glory days.

We were so engrossed in this conversation for a while, that we didn't realize everything that was going on around the corner...




Sometimes, I really don't know what we did before we had kids.  I mean, what did we talk about?!

After dinner, we had a delicious cake from Olexa's- Scooter's favorite!


It looks like Saty thought there were 61 candles on that cake!

What would I do without Scooter and Saty in my life?  I am thankful for you both in so many ways, and I know that I would not be where I am today without your significant impact on my life.  In a literal sense, Clay and I might not be together if it wasn't for Scott- at least that's what he reminds me of all the time.

Saty, I'll borrow Uncle Ed's quote one more time, because it is so fitting of our relationship.  "The woman you know as my daughter is a direct product of my wife's efforts.  It was my wife who raised this girl who is getting married tomorrow.  It was her love, her advice, and her efforts that has grown this woman up to be wise enough to choose the man she is marrying."  How in the world would I have made it this far without you by my side?  You are such a selfless mom, and I am daily thankful for who you are in my life, in Clay's life, and in George's life.  You are a blessing to us.

Happy birthdays, Scooter and Saty!  Love you both so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment