Friday, August 10, 2012

Vacation

We've had to replace the word 'vacation' in our vocabularies if Georgie is going to be present on the trip.  Every year, since before I was born, my parents have been going to the beach with our good friends, the Cordell family.  For the last five years, the number of Generation 3 has grown, and this year there will be seven kids under the age of 5.  For the last 28 years, my beach trip looked something like this:
My biggest concern was where we were going to go to dinner, and how long I could possibly stay out on the beach before I had to go up to take a shower.  While 'trips' with George are so much fun, they are filled with non-stop action, too.  George's love for people, new experiences, new places, etc. always takes precedence over his desire (or need) to take a nap.  But at least he's happy, right?!

Usually by this point in the summer, I also have a pretty good base tan.  A few weeks ago, Clay pointed out that I was not tan, which if you know me, almost broke my heart.  It's a good thing that Clay charms me so easily...

While this year is going to look pretty different from beach trips in the past, I know we will have so much fun.  George absolutely loves being around people, and seeing as how there will be 22 people ranging from 3 weeks to 60+ years old with us in Perdido, I know he will be in absolute Heaven.  

...and just because I know I won't be posting any George pics for the next week or so, here's a few from the last few days!

 George uses his toys in the strangest ways.

 Getting used to the Pack & Play for our trip.  Fingers crossed he'll sleep in it!

Post-work snuggles.

Uncle Scott and Aunt KK were so sweet to let George use this little walker since Rogers is running all over the place, and well, Frannie won't need it anytime soon.  George has really been disinterested in it, even though we've really tried to get him to use it.  All of a sudden the other night, he just got behind the handle bars and took off!  You can just see how proud he is of himself all over his face.


Hope y'all have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! I know what you mean about beach trips! Little ones change EVERYTHING!!! I came back from 6 1/2 weeks at the beach with very little change in my skin tone!

    ReplyDelete