Sunday, August 19, 2012

End of Summer

We just got home from our beach trip today, and it was honestly the best trip we've taken as a family.  But the beach week will have to be a separate post another day.  

George is starting Mother's Day Out tomorrow, and I really am so sad to not get to spend every day with him.  But after being at the beach surrounded by people, kids, and pretty much constant activity, I know that he is going to love his little class this year.  

So, technically, summer is over for Mommy and Georgie, but goodness, it's been the sweetest summer I can remember.  And could there be a more exciting way to end the summer other than George turning ELEVEN months?!  I seriously cannot believe our first year is almost under our belt.  

George has at least three more teeth (all molars), giving us a total of 12 teeth.  It's really hard to tell, because Clay or me looking in his mouth is quite possibly his least favorite activity hands-down.  He eats just about anything we put in front of him (except pineapple), and really loves feeding himself.  He can walk around holding my hands, and sometimes can walk holding just one hand.  I know it sounds silly, but the thought of walking around holding George's hand one day makes me so excited.

George, becoming a mom has always really intimidated me- even this time last year.  I didn't know if I could love you enough, or have enough patience for you, or even know how to meet your needs.  And the truth is, I know I can't, and haven't, been able to do any of these things for you in completion this year.  The Lord has used you to teach me more about claiming His strength in my weakness every single day.  

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'
Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
2 Corinthians 12:9
 
We used to worry about being the perfect parents for you, but we have realized that is not what you need.    The only thing you need in this life is to know Christ's love, and goodness gracious, do we see the love of our Lord in you, George.  So, thanks for making this 'transition' into parenthood for us full of grace and forgiveness.  We love you so much!


  


No comments:

Post a Comment