Monday, April 22, 2013

Day at the Farm

Every Sunday night, our small group from church comes to our house.  We've been meeting since August, and now that it's April, we decided to shake things up a little.  The Newell's offered to host a day at their farm- and it could not have been a more fun day for everyone who came!

Clay, George and I headed out there just after church.  Clay and I had (unrealistically) high hopes that George would continue whatever nap he started in the car once we got to the farm.  George peeled his little eyes open just long enough to take in his new surroundings.  Once he saw the huge open fields, toys that no one was playing with, and a dog running around...there was no rest for this kiddo.  

This is literally what George did the entire time we were there.  He just ran around smiling and laughing.  I'm not sure I've ever seen him so happy.

 Katie and Charlotte Anne Newell

Once everyone was there, Luke took a group on a truck ride around the property.  Notice George is still smiling.  The truck ride was so much fun!  We went on a three mile loop through the woods, and Clay rode with Luke in the cab of the truck.  Every now and then Clay would pop his head out the window with some info from Luke about whatever we were passing.  It was quite the guided tour.

 A donkey started running towards the dog that was running alongside the truck.  The kids went crazy when they saw the donkey, and George just kept pointing and yelling "DONKEY!!"

 I kept thinking that George would get tired at some point.  Here he is with Connor Boney, just trying to catch a ride on the tricycle.  He ended up just pushing Connor around, I guess just to be close to the tricycle, should Connor get tired of riding it.  There seemed to be an unspoken 'line' for who got to ride the tricycle next, and George seemed to be at the end of the line :(

I'm telling you...it was like moths to a flame with this trike.

 George and Charlotte Anne have been friends almost their whole lives, and I've been friends with Charlotte Anne's mom for most of my life, too.  This picture makes me so happy!  George absolutely loves Charlotte Anne, especially since they play together every Sunday night.  

 Here's the whole crew who was at the farm.

 Here's (most of) our KGroup that meets at our house every Sunday night.  We were missing the Burton's, and Robby and Margaret, since Robby and Margaret are getting married this Saturday!  Words cannot express how thankful Clay and I (and George) are for each of these people.  They are some of are dearest friends, and have loved and supported us throughout the past (almost) two years.  

 George and the Waldron's have such a special connection.  

 After dinner, George disappeared to the front porch with our friend, Laurie Holt.  Laurie is known around our friends as a 'baby whisperer', but I think I've found the source of her strength.  She gave George an entire peanut butter brownie, and this is how we found him.  

 We started a whiffle ball game after dinner, and put the kids in the back of the truck so they could watch.  George was in absolute heaven.

 I call this picture "View from the Cheap Seats"

 Whiffle Ball Game!

 So. Much. Fun.

George made his way out of the cheap seats long enough to finally get his turn on the tricycle.  This picture really captures his excitement- he took it out into the empty field.  I feel like he was really just trying to ride it home so he could keep it forever.

Katie and me at the end of the night.  We are due one month apart, both with little girls.  I know Emily and Nan will be the best of friends!

 While we were cleaning up, I looked over and saw these two cuddled up watching Winnie the Pooh.  Oh, the innocence and sweetness of this age.

We had the absolute best time at the farm- and I'm pretty sure George will be dreaming about this day for a long time to come!

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered the Cochran family blog! Thanks instagram! I love my baby whispered shout out #canthelpit

    ReplyDelete