Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Celebrations

The more our families grow, the harder it seems to get everyone together- especially on holidays.  This year, Easter celebrations started on March 17.  You read that right- we celebrated Easter with the Howell family over two weeks ago because that was the only time we could get everyone together for a leisurely meal and family time.  It actually made this Easter 'season' filled with such anticipation for the actual day of Easter, and allowed us to enjoy the day as a family.

I've been terrible about having my 'real' camera with me lately, so I have no pictures from the Howell-Easter-Dinner-Festivities.  The next weekend we celebrated Easter with the Cochran family, and I at least had my phone with me this time to capture some sweet moments with the Cochran's.

Mama Zo had the boys help her make a Bunny Cake.  I thought this was a really brave endeavor, since all three of these boys could pretty much live on cake and frosting alone.  These boys had so much fun getting to do this with their Mama Zo!


 This could be one of my favorite pictures from the day.  I love these boys so much!

 All three of them were so excited!

Finished product with Mama Zo and Pops!  
Such a fun memory.

Fast forward to Easter Sunday morning.  I felt terrible that we never got George's Easter basket down from the attic, but all of his Easter Bunny gifts fit perfectly in his new wheelbarrow!  Plus I wasn't sure the Easter Bunny could fill up his basket too :)  George was so excited that he could hardly touch his new gifts!  This lasted no more than 5 or so minutes... 
I love his little face in this picture.

 Clay loves that March Madness is alive and well in the Cochran house.

 George absolutely loves his wheelbarrow.  The only two things he always makes sure to have in it are this little Mickey rattle and his Woody.  Woody always rides first class with Georgie.

 Family pic on the porch before church.

 Family pic outside of church while it wasn't raining!

 After church we met Saty, Pop, and Aunt Erie for Easter brunch.  Pop and George are old souls and kindred spirits.  I have no idea what they're laughing at here.

 Saty, Pop and George

 George LOVES Aunt Erie!

 We missed Scooter, KK, Rogers, and Frannie!
Howell family pic after brunch.

 George was on a pretty good sugar high after brunch, so we played in the front yard for a while.

 This kid loves his lawn mower.

 I think he was trying to make it to the Maddox's house.

Finally time to call it a day.

This Easter was such a meaningful year for Clay and me, especially.  Our pastor, Murray, preached about the implications the resurrection has on our lives today.  He said we are either consumed with death, or consumed with life.  Whatever we may face in this life, we have to remember that Jesus has already overcome it.  This was a powerful word for Clay and me, as we face this week together.  We sang this hymn during communion, and while the music and melody are beautiful, the words of the hymn were even more beautiful to me.  Happy Easter!

"How can it be, the One who died, has borne our sin through sacrifice
To conquer every sting of death?  Sing, sing hallelujah!
For joy awakes as dawning light when Christ's disciples lift their eyes.
Alive He stands, their Friend and King; Christ, Christ He is risen.

Christ is risen, He is risen indeed! Oh, sing hallelujah.
Join the chorus, sing with the redeemed; Christ is risen, He is risen indeed.

Where doubt and darkness once had been, they saw Him and their hearts believed.
But blessed are those who have not seen, yet, sing hallelujah.
Once bound by fear now bold in faith, they preached the truth and power of grace.
And pouring out their lives they gained Life, life everlasting.

The power that raised Him from the grave
Now works in us to powerfully save.
He frees our hearts to live His grace;
Go, tell of His goodness.

He's alive, He's alive!
Heaven's gates are opened wide.
He's alive, He's alive!
Now in heaven glorified."

-Christ is Risen, He is Risen Indeed!
by Keith & Kristyn Getty


1 comment:

  1. I know I don't tell you this...but I love your blogs! Love the precious pictures of all of you! You have all been in my thoughts and prayers this week. Love you!

    ReplyDelete