Thursday, April 18, 2013

Life Goes On

Life has continued to move forward, and Clay and I have been thankful for that.  Oddly enough, George has given us a 'normalcy' to our lives, and a predictable rhythm to every day that has helped us to move forward.  If you haven't been around George lately, I hope I can convey who George is/is becoming these days.  

George has become quite the talker these days.  He's added several words to his repertoire, and it just cracks Clay and I up on a daily basis.  He loves 'monkeys', 'puppies', 'piggies', 'Harper' (he actually says her name, which is hilarious), 'Max' (our neighbors' dog), 'Bullseye' (horse from Toy Story), and 'GI Joe'.  He has pretty good articulation, so it cracks me up when he walks up to me and says, 'GI Joe, peeees'.  In his mind, he really does need GI Joe in that moment.  

With all of these new characters, let's not be confused that Woody is still #1.  We literally listen to 'You've Got a Friend in Me' from Toy Story on repeat in the car.  He bobs his head back and forth the entire song, smiling, laughing, and loving his little life.  When the song is over and I'm sure he doesn't want to listen to that song one more time, he looks at me in the rearview mirror and says "more Woody peees."  He even does his little sign language to emphasize the desire in his heart to hear that song.  There are few Randy Travis songs that he likes that keeps Mom sane while driving around town.  

He's named a zebra that he sleeps with 'Reba', and he LOVES Reba.  We're thinking that he just couldn't say 'zebra', so he calls her Reba, but regardless, it's the first thing that he's actually named.  When we put him in his crib at night he snuggles up to Reba and says, "HEYYY, REBA!!"  It cracks us up every single night.  

In the midst of all that has transpired over the past month, I hope I never forget that George started saying 'love you' to Clay and me.  What a sweet gift the Lord gave us in this period of waiting and difficulty, to hear our son tell us he loves us.  

Other random George sayings include, but are not limited to the following:  "thank you" (usually sounds like 'zase youuuu'), 'Yee Haw, Bullseye!', 'bubbles peeees', 'outside?  outside?', 'monkey read peees' (when asking to read a Curious George book).  He loves both of our families and is starting to remember all of their names.  He asks for all the names he can remember when he wakes up in the morning and after his nap.  He just starts listing them and walking around the house like maybe someone will just pop up around the corner to surprise him.  I love how our families love George, and how he loves them too.

Okay...picture time!  


Anytime we go to New York Pizza in Homewood, George absolutely has to go to the arcade.  I felt like I was back in middle school as Clay was ransacking my wallet for spare quarters.  All of the lost quarters were totally worth it when I saw Clay and George's faces of excitement when this huge blue tennis ball dropped into the winner's bin.

 Our new gym, Lifetime Fitness, just opened up right around the corner from our house!  I met a friend here to spend some time by the pool and just looking out at this pool made me so excited for summer.  George is going to be beside himself when he sees this place.

 I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that we do bubbles 5-7 days of the week.  We actually have to hide the bubbles because George would be totally content to do bubbles all day, everyday.  

Clay is such a great dad.  He will sit and do bubbles with George all day and all night, just because it makes George so happy.  He gives so much at work all day, and then comes home and is so much fun for George, and such a sweet husband to me.

 I took George to Overton Park with our friends, Tricia and Lucy.  Maybe it's that we haven't been to a park in a while, but he was all over the place.  He could climb up and slide down the slide by himself.
When did he start growing up?!  






I have a sweet friend who started a screen printing business.  She made these gowns for Nan, and it made my heart so happy to see her name on something.  Everyday we get closer to meeting Nan, I can hardly contain my excitement for her to join our family.  

"Sometimes", said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."

1 comment: